It’s that time of year. The one where Dad tries his best to have the greenest yard on the street! It’s the fight for bragging rights!
But the truth is, after an incredibly hot summer in 2010, followed by the ice and snow storms we received this past winter, many are probably noticing that our lawns and plants have not recovered from the extremes & harsh weather. And unfortunately, many of our lawns and plants will have the side effects of a weakened state such as dead leaves & branches or high chances of weeds like bluegrass.
Fortunately, there’s good news. TruGreen, the nation’s largest professional lawn care service, provides the tools and services to bring your yard back to the green it should be. Services include:
- Healthy Lawn Analysis
- Weed Control
- Aeration & Seeding
- Targeted Insect Control
- pH & Soil Quality Checks
- Disease Control
- And even Organic Solutions
And there’s always a few things you can do on your own. TruGreen offers these tips to prepare your yard for the summer:
- Clear dead leaves & debris to give room for new growth.
- Prune dead branches from trees & shrubs.
- Apply mulch around plants to help hold in moisture and prevent weeds in landscape beds.
- To ensure healthy turf, be sure to mow your lawn at the correct height & always use a sharp blade to prevent tearing of the leaf blades.
- Use fertilizer to encourage lawn, tree, and shrub growth after a challenging winter.
- Water your lawn one to two inches a week and be careful not to over water, which can lead to disease activity. Make sure to follow water restrictions.
But, what’s better than doing all the work yourself? And what’s better than paying for it? WINNING Something Of Course!!
TruGreen is currently hosting a national sweepstakes with several awesome prizes.
But your chances for winner are probably better right here!!
A TruGreen Treatment Voucher, valued at $125
Simply tell us who works to get the yard green at your house. Is it Dad? Does Mom love the yard work instead? Or do you already use a service like TruGreen?
For Additional Entries (please leave a separate comment for each entry):
- Like Cumming Local (if you already Like us, that counts too … just let us know).
- Give this post a “Thumbs Up” – you’ll see the the “thumbs up” button at the top of this post, simply click it!
Giveaway will close Monday, June 13th at midnight. Winner will be selected via Random.Org and winner will be notified via email. Voucher is only accepted where service is available. This Giveaway is being administered in Cumming, GA which has TruGreen service. To confirm service in your area, please check the TruGreen website.
Disclosure: While this giveaway is being promoted on Facebook, it is in no way associated with, sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook. By entering this giveaway, you acknowledge this and release Facebook from any responsibility of such. Furthermore, you acknowledge that any information provided for entry is being provided to Cumming Local and not to Facebook.